Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hypothetically

Hypothetically…

Would you still have them babies
If I weren’t your babies’ Daddy
Or didn’t wish to be?

If the doctors told me –
Dude, there’s something wrong with your seed.

Would you give them away
If I decided one day
I didn’t want to breathe?

Hypothetically….

Would you allow me to be the man in their lives
If I didn’t love you
Or make you my wife?

If the minister told me –
Dude, this chick’s white!

Would you give me away
If I decided one day
I no longer want you and me?

Hypothetically?

***

Hypothetically II…

Do you have it in you to walk away
Knowing you pissed on your promises
And your word means nothing?

If the skinny bitch told you –
Baby, fuck me! I don’t have AIDS!

Would you give her your heart
If she decided to stay
Just cause it’s easier that way?

Hypothetically…

Would you allow me to be the woman in your life –
Loving past the pains
Or have your forgotten?
If the preacher said
Make her your bride?

Would you embrace me that way
If I decided one day
I’m just too darn tired…

Hypothetically?

No comments:

Post a Comment